Although it is essential to be physically active in order to lose weight and stay healthy, it does not mean that without exercise you cannot lose any extra pounds. Below are some suggestions that will surely help you lose some weight easily.
|How to Lose Weight Fast Without Exercise?|
|1. Have Foods That Boost BMR|
3. Include Calcium-Rich Foods
4. 16 Tips For Weight Reduction
1. Have Foods That Boost BMR:
Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) is the minimum number of calories needed for carrying out the normal functioning of the body at rest. BMR is also known as the body’s metabolism; therefore any increase in your metabolic rate will increase your BMR, thereby increasing the rate of weight loss. Below are certain foods that enhance the BMR and promote weight loss.
1. MCT: MCTs (Medium Chain Triglycerides) are present in coconut oil which helps in promoting weight loss by increasing thermogenesis. To gain benefits from MCT, a diet must remain lower in LCT (Long Chain Triglycerides) such as refined oil. It can be used as salad dressing, bread spread, hot beverages, etc. Having 1-2 tablespoons per day (30 gm/day) of MCT is recommended for effective weight loss.
2. Q10: It is an essential compound required for the transportation and breakdown of fatty acids into energy. Q10 is present in fish, poultry, and nuts. One should also try to include this in their daily diet for losing weight.
3. Fiber: Fibre provides bulk and satiety. Fiber is most important for reducing weight. 35-40 gm/day per 1000 kcal is an ideal requirement. Choose fiber-rich fruits and vegetables, sprouts, wholegrain cereals, and pulses. Rich sources of fiber for weight loss are chitin, guar gum, pectin, etc. Fibre reduces the number of calories absorbed by the body (1 gm fiber burns 9 kcal).
4. Cinnamon: It has a stabilizing effect on blood sugar levels and decreases appetite along with reducing the triglycerides levels in the body.
5. Green tea: Green tea contains a phytochemical called catechins which increases the BMR thereby helps in reducing weight.
6. Hot peppers: Capsaicin, a compound present in hot peppers reduces the appetite and speeds up metabolism.
7. Coffee: Coffee contains caffeine which boosts metabolism and suppresses appetite.
8. Salad dressing: Salads with apple cider vinegar, lemon dressings helps in increasing the BMR.
Natural appetite suppressants are the foods that control hunger pangs and make you feel full faster on a lesser amount of food. Some of the natural appetite suppressants are:
1. Yogurt: Yogurt/curd (made with skimmed milk) is a good source of protein and takes a longer time to leave the stomach thereby making you feel full for a long time.
2. Quinoa: Quinoa is a pseudocereal that is recently gaining a lot of attention as a healthy grain for weight loss. It acts as a hunger-suppressant and provides 8 gms of proteins and 5 gms of dietary fiber in 1 cup (185 gm).
3. Grapefruit (Chakotra): It has soluble fiber which takes a longer time to digest. It helps in feeling full with fewer calories.
4. Fruits having high water content: Fruits such as watermelon are high in water content, gives fullness, and leaves less room for other foods. Eating them with peels gives extra fiber.
Also Read: 6 Best Work From Home Health and Safety Tips
5. Berries: Choose berries (blueberry, strawberry, blackberry, mulberry, and raspberry) instead of cookies as they satisfy your sweet tooth, giving fewer calories, and are also loaded with antioxidants.
6. Raw vegetables: Raw vegetables satisfy the desire to crunch, are full of water, and low in calories.
7. Eggs in the morning: As eggs have 7 gm protein that keeps hunger at bay longer than eating carbohydrates.
8. Oatmeal: They are fiber-rich, slow-digesting that keeps you full for hours after breakfast. It also suppresses the hunger hormone.
9. Soup: Soups are filling and a must-have before a meal which helps in eating a lesser amount of food as the main course.
10. Lean meat: Protein (no fat) present in lean meat will keep full for a longer time and burn more calories.
11. Salmon: Salmon fish is rich in omega-3 fatty acids which increase the hormone leptin, known for suppressing hunger.
12. Flax seeds: Flax seeds are a perfect addition to curds, smoothies, or salad which helps to stay satiated. Flax seeds are a mixture of soluble fiber and essential fatty acids.
13. Almonds: A handful of almonds are a good source of antioxidants, vitamin E, and magnesium. It increases the feeling of fullness and helps with weight management.
14. Tofu: Tofu is high in isoflavones called genistein which helps in suppressing appetite and lower food intake.
3. Include Calcium-Rich Foods:
Calcium helps in cutting down the number and size of fat cells. Some calcium-rich foods are skim milk, cottage cheese, rajma, soybeans, oranges, apricots, green leafy vegetables, ragi, oats, flax seeds, almonds, fish with edible bone such as sardine, etc.
4. 16 Tips For Weight Reduction:
- Never get too hungry. Eat small frequent meals.
- Consume plenty of fluids. Avoid diet soda.
- Keep the salt intake low.
- Spice up your food by adding green chilies.
- Don’t go for crash diets.
- Be honest about your daily calorie allowance.
- Keep a food record.
- Start with soup.
- Take your time and chew food at least one minute per bite.
- Take your last meal two hours before going to sleep.
- Eat before a party or event.
- Be adventurous with a baby spoon.
- Wear fitted clothing.
- Eat breakfast without fail.
- Avoid going to the refrigerator again and again.
- Stack your fridge with a healthy food option to suppress craving.