PTE is Pearson Tests of English is a computer-based examination for non-native English speakers to test their level of English proficiency. It is accepted worldwide by universities, institutes, and colleges. If you are planning to go abroad for studies then you must try the PTE exam.
PTE mock test is a replication of the real PTE exam which is designed to understand and make the students get acquainted with the exam format of the PTE exam.
Format of the PTE mock test
There are 4 sections: Reading, Listening, Speaking and writing and in total there are 20 sub-tasks:
There are 15 – 20 independent as well as integrated skill tasks. The sub-tasks in this section test your ability to read, write and listen.
- Multiple Choice, Choose Single Answer: After reading the passage, you have to choose one response that you feel is the correct answer.
- Multiple Choice, Choose Multiple Answers: For this question more than one response is correct.
- Re-order Paragraphs: On the left side, there will be many sentences or paragraphs that are in random order. You will have to drag and drop them to the right side in the correct order.
- Reading Fill in the Blanks: There are several blanks in the passage that you see on the screen. There will be a bunch of words given below the passage. Drag the correct word and drop it in the blanks.
- Reading and writing Fill in the Blanks: A paragraph will appear on your screen with missing words. From a drop-down menu, you will have to choose the right answer to fill the blank.
The Listening section has questions that are based on the audio and video files that test your listening and writing skills. There are 7 sub-tasks in this section.
- Summarize Spoken Text: After you hear the audio clip, write down a summary of 50 – 70 words.
- Multiple Choice, Choose Multiple Answers: After you hear the audio clip, there are multiple options given to you. You need to choose all the options you think are relevant to the clip.
- Fill in the Blanks: You will see a paragraph on the screen with blanks. Simultaneously there will be an audio clip being played. As you hear the clip you will have to fill up the missing words from what you hear.
- Highlight Correct Summary: You will hear a recorded clip. After listening to it, you will have to figure out which of the paragraph summarizes the recording.
- Multiple Choice, Choose Single Answer: After you hear the audio clip, you will either be asked about the type of tone or something related to the content of it. You have to select one right answer from multiple choices.
- Select Missing Word: You will hear an audio clip that has blanks. You will have to choose the words for the missing part.
- Highlight incorrect words: You will hear a recording from which you will have to select all the words from the text that are not present in the recording.
- Write from dictation: Listen to what is spoken and write it down in the box.
The speaking section tests your spoken English of the test taker. There are 5 sub-tasks. This section tests your listening, reading, and speaking skills These are: Read Aloud, Repeat Sentence, Describe Image, Re-tell lecture, Answer short questions
- Read Aloud: You need to read loudly the test that is shown on the screen.
- Repeat Sentence: After you hear the sentence, you have to repeat it loudly.
- Describe Image: You need to describe the image that is shown on the screen.
- Re-Tell Lecture: You have to memorize what is said in the lecture and describe it in your own words.
- Answer Short question: You need to answer the question in one or a few words.
The writing section tests the ability to write responses in English using proper grammar. It consists of 2 sub-tasks. These are: Summarize the text and essay writing.
- Summarize Written Text: You will have to write a summary of the text that is given on the screen
- Essay Writing: You need to write an essay on the topic that is given to you.
Characteristics of the PTE mock test
PTE mock test comprises 4 sections just like the real PTE exam. Each section has sub-tasks so in total there are 20 sub-tasks.
Every section has a specific time allotted to them similar to the PTE exam.
PTE mock test has a scoring system that is similar to the PTE exam. It is an automated scoring system based on complex algorithms that mimic how the human test checkers would score the exam based on the number of previous responses given by the test takers.
It has different difficulty levels that keep changing in real-time which is similar to the PTE exam.
Advantages of PTE mock test
- PTE mock test improves the level of confidence while speaking.
- It gives you an experience of the real PTE exam environment and prepares you well in advance to handle the pressure.
- It improves your English fluency.
- The scoring system is similar to the PTE exam which indicates which areas need more improvement.
- The multiple difficulty modes prepare you to answer every kind of question.
- Prepares you to frame responses in a structured manner
- Gets you ready to write impactful opening and closing statements
- Prepares you to write strong conclusions and inferences.
- Teaches you to manage time efficiently